Themed “Catch The Light,” The Show Honors Pro Football Hall of Famer & Jackson State University Head Coach Deion “Prime Time” Sanders With the Lifetime of Inspiration Award
Hosted by Sarah Jakes Roberts and DC Young Fly, Show Features Performances By CeCe Winans, CeeLo Green, Chloe, Mali Music, Pastor Mike Jr., Natalie Grant, Regina Belle, LeCrae, and The NFL Players Choir; Special Appearances By NFL Players Russell Wilson, Myles Garrett, Kirk Cousins, Cam Jordan, Stefon Diggs, Travis Kelce and Matt Judon
(Atlanta, GA) – February 7, 2022 – The highly-anticipated 23rd Annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration returns to television with faith, family and football during the biggest weekend in sports! Premiering with a brand new trio of distribution partners, Super Bowl Gospel Celebration is simulcast on Saturday, February 12 at 8pm ET/7pm CT on Bounce TV and for the very first time will stream on Prime Video and on IMDb TV, both without need of a Prime membership. The debut telecast will be followed by an encore on ION Sunday, February 13 at 12am ET/11pm CT, and will continue to be available to stream in front of the paywall on Prime Video and on IMDb TV throughout February in celebration of Black History Month.
Themed “Catch the Light,” the groundbreaking praise and worship extravaganza is an annual highlight of Super Bowl weekend, hosted this season by inspirational figure Sarah Jakes Roberts and funnyman DC Young Fly. This unique annual praise fest highlights NFL players and their faith, with uplifting songs of joy and shout-worthy, never-before-seen performances and mashups. Viewers are offered a rare glimpse into the spiritual lives of their favorite NFL players, as well as what inspires them to greatness each day. The hour-long show was taped in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas as a concession to the still ongoing COVID pandemic.
“This 23-year journey with the Super Bowl Gospel Celebration is a testament to how faith can grow the seed of a dream into a reality far greater than any plan we might have set out to achieve. Despite every obstacle placed in our path, our faith in this vision has been rewarded with this anointed production that has touched the lives of so many,” said Melanie Few, Founder and Executive Producer.
23rd Annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration Returns on Feb.12/Page 2
Super Bowl Gospel Celebration is making a special presentation to the 2022 Lifetime of Inspiration Award recipient Deion “Coach Prime” Sanders, sponsored by Amazon’s Black Business Accelerator. The current head coach for Jackson State University’s football team, two-time SuperBowl champion, Pro Football Hall of Famer, and Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year is being honored for his commitment to bringing more visibility to HBCU sports franchises, and reinvigorating HBCU sports into high-profile must watch events. Coach Prime is one of only four NFL Players to ever receive this prestigious award.
“As we approach our 23rd anniversary, I am so very thankful for the support and partnership of the National Football League. I am also excited for the amazing partners that have joined forces to help elevate this brand. It is truly a privilege to honor Coach Prime as I have followed him his entire career and watched him be a light to others, both on and off the field,” added Few, the
only woman and person of color that produces an NFL sanctioned event during Super Bowl week.
“Super Bowl Gospel provides an opportunity for our players to celebrate their faith,” said Arthur McAfee, the NFL’s senior vice president for player engagement. “A large number of our players are of faith, and they celebrate that faith many ways during the course of the game and throughout the season. You may see them take a knee and pray, either prior to or after the game. This is one of the natural connections we have to help players elevate their platform.”
This year’s production features a roster of anointed performances including a Gospel medley from multiple Grammy Award winner CeCe Winans; a duet between Pastor Mike, Jr. and multi-talented entertainer CeeLo Green; Mali Music joining singer/actress Chloe in a heartfelt collaboration to salute individuals impacted by cancer; singer/songwriter Natalie Grant; and a cypher led by two-time Grammy-winning Christian rapper Lecrae. Songstress Regina Belle is joining the famed NFL Players Choir for an inspiring song selection closing out the show.
Other slated guest appearances include Seattle Seahawks Quarterback – Russell Wilson, Cleveland Browns Defensive End – Myles Garrett, New Orleans Saints Defensive End – Cam Jordan, Minnesota Vikings Quarterback – Kirk Cousins, Buffalo Bills Wide Receiver – Stefon Diggs, Kansas City Chiefs Tight End – Travis Kelce, New England Patriots Linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year contender – Matt Judon.
The Black Women’s Health Imperative, the first and only national non-profit focused on the health and wellness of Black women and girls, will present a special recognition to retired Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams for his contributions to driving life-saving cancer screenings through his nonprofit, The DeAngelo Williams Foundation.
The Super Bowl Gospel Celebration will be available to stream on Prime Video in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, and on IMDb TV in the U.S. and the U.K.
Super Bowl Gospel Celebration (SBGC) was originally founded and executive produced in 1999 as a gospel brunch in Miami by Atlanta-based marketing consultant Melanie Few and continues as the only multicultural program and inspirational event sanctioned by the NFL during Super Bowl weekend. The evening brings together an ensemble of NFL players, gospel/contemporary Christian performers, award-winning musicians spanning all genres, and faith-based leaders on one stage for a spectacular show filled with song, prayer, hope and uplifting messages.
Past SBGC shows have featured performers such as Yolanda Adams, Kirk Franklin, Snoop Dogg, Pharrell Williams, Koryn Hawthorne, Patti Labelle, Erica Campbell, Gladys Knight, Fantasia, Donnie McClurkin, and Anthony Hamilton among others.
23rd Annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration Returns on Feb.12/Page 3
This year’s Super Bowl Gospel Celebration is sponsored by NFL Player Engagement, Black Women’s Health Imperative, United Airlines, Juice Plus+, Amazon’s Black Business Accelerator, and Compassion International.
For more information, visit superbowlgospel.com and join the social conversation using #SuperBowlGospel and #CatchTheLight.
Broadcast Airing – Multi-Network:
- Premiere – Saturday, February 12 on Bounce TV at 8 pm ET/7pm CT
- Encore airing – Saturday, February 12 on Bounce TV at 9 pm ET/8pm CT ● Encore airing – Sunday, February 13 on ION at 12 am ET/11 pm CT
- Encore airing – Sunday, February 13 on Bounce TV – (2) timeslots – 10 am ET/9am CT and 11 am ET/10am CT
Streaming – Prime Video
- Premiere – Saturday, February 12, 2022
- Video On-Demand – All of February 2022 as Black History Month Spotlight
ABOUT THE SUPER BOWL GOSPEL CELEBRATION
The Super Bowl Gospel Celebration was launched in Miami in 1999 during SuperBowl XXXIII weekend. The event became the first and has remained the only inspirational concert sanctioned by the National Football League (NFL). The show has drawn crowds in the thousands and has demonstrated growth year after year, selling out venues in major host cities including Dallas, Atlanta, Detroit, Jacksonville, Houston, and Phoenix.
ABOUT BOUNCE TV
Bounce is the leading broadcast and multi-platform entertainment network serving African Americans, with programming seen over-the-air, on cable, DISH, and Roku. The network can be viewed on mobile devices via the Bounce app; Brown Sugar apps and on the web via BounceTV.com. BounceTV is available in more than 102 million homes across the U.S. BounceTV is part of the E.W. Scripps Company.
A leading general entertainment network, ION’s lineup features major cable and broadcast shows, original series and special event programming. ION is part of The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP), a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff, Court TV Mystery, Defy TV and TrueReal. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
ABOUT PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy-winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Hotel Transylvania: Transformania, The Tender Bar, Being the Ricardos,
23rd Annual Super Bowl Gospel Celebration Returns on Feb.12/Page 4
The Tomorrow War, and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, prescription savings, and access to ad-free music, books, and games. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
ABOUT IMDb TV
IMDb TV is a free streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows available anytime. Always entertaining. Always Free.
- Expansive Catalog: IMDb TV is a modern television network, offering viewers ambitious originals, including Judy Justice, Luke Bryan: My Dirt Road Diary, Leverage: Redemption, Alex Rider, Moment of Truth, and UNINTERRUPTED’s Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers, and an always updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows that customers would expect to see on a paid service. IMDb TV adds new titles to the service every month across a wide selection of genres, including comedy, family, romance, thrillers, science fiction, documentaries, and horror.
- Free: IMDb TV is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
- Half the Ads: IMDb TV has half the ads of traditional linear TV.
- Instant Access: IMDb TV is available as an app on Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and as a free Channel within Prime Video, across hundreds of devices. To use IMDb TV on Fire TV, customers can find the icon in the “Your Apps & Channels” row or using the Alexa Voice Remote, simply say “Alexa, go to IMDb TV.” IMDb TV is also available as an app on third party devices including Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, LG Smart TVs (2018-2021 models), Comcast’s Xfinity Flex, Xfinity X1, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, as well as Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, and other Android TV devices. The app is also available on iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices.
To learn more about IMDb TV, visit www.amazon.com/imdbtv and follow @IMDbTV.